Sunday, June 8, 2014

32 Weeks

I was out shopping yesterday and the sales lady asked me when I was due.  When I told her the end of July (actually due in the beginning of August but baby will most likey come in July) she said to me, "Oh you still have a ways to go."  Let me tell you, that is the WRONG thing to say to an almost 32 week pregnant lady who is admittedly huge, hot, and suffering from terrible heartburn.  The CORRECT thing to say is "You're almost there!" or "Wow those last few weeks are going to go fast!" or my favorite, "You look great!".


This was before Church.  I wore heels!  It felt nice to wear heels again.  But it was so hot in Church.  I was pretty miserable.  Anyhow, I had to buy a couple new marternity tops as I am growing OUT of the ones I have.  This always happens to me.  It's nice to be able to buy some new pretty things at the end.  My other two pregnancies  I couldn't really aford to do that.  So it's nice to do it now.  These are the maternity pants I made in the beginning of my pregnancy.  


Margot is wearing her new Rollerskate Dress.  


At nearly 32 weeks I am not moving around as easily as I usually do.  Somedays I am so tired but I still want to sew.  I remembered my ironing board can be lowered.  So I lower it so I don't have to get up out of my chair to iron.  How smart is that?  The only thing that might make this whole set up better is if I had a chair with wheels!   With this little set up,  Everything is in reach and I can sew pretty comfortably.  


This week I was working on a Class Picnic Blouse and Shorts for Margot.  


I love this pattern and have made it so many times.  The shorts are made from Weaver's Cloth.   I love that fabric.  It's just beautiful. 


Here's the finished outfit.  Size 7 for my girl who grows like a weed.  

This week I am trying to size up a little halter top for Grace.  I wanted to make it for Margot but she doesn't like the idea of her belly sticking out.  Grace liked it but the pattern only goes up to an 8.  In Simplicity patterns she's about a 10.  So I think I can do it.  I also have a Garden Party top planned for Margot.  I'd love to get both of these done this week.  





3 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laughing with your post - definitely the WRONG thing to say to a pregnant woman (I've been there so I know the feeling and I had tiny bellies, but I'm small framed so any "belly" looks huge on me).
    I don't think you look huge at all and I love your maternity wardrobe - so stylish and pretty (mine was all store-bought and not as wonderful)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For being uncomfortable you look very chic. Love the whole combination!
    My maternity clothing budget was similar to yours. My 3rd was a different season so I let myself buy some new and cute additions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful, Sarah! I love your outfit and wish I'd looked half as stylish when I was pregnant.;)

    ReplyDelete