I wasn't even looking for a job, that's the best part. A friend let me know of a possible part time temporary opening at a local preschool where Margot and her oldest daughter attended. I LOVED this school so I jumped at the chance. I went ahead and called the Director and in about a week I was starting. I am back to teaching! I can't believe it. I am filling in for the Head Toddler Teacher while she recovers from an accident. She's supposed to be back November 1st so this is my third week.
I am really, really enjoying teaching again. And this part time schedule is so perfect. I work from 9-12:30 Monday through Thursday. This job is so ideal for me I wish I wasn't just the sub.
Anyhow, even though I only work about 15 hours a week, I am shocked at how that changes EVERYTHING.
- Once again I have no time for taking pictures of my projects or blogging about them or heck even posting them to flikr. I miss that. One of these days I am going to round up everything I've made and just snap quick pictures. There's a lot I want to show you!
- I am still exercising nearly every day but usually it's just walking the dog. I do tend take her for long walks though of at least 30 minutes if not an hour.
- I have little interest in cooking. Just no time! So I've been using the crock pot a lot. The other night I had a pork shoulder roast which I knew would be perfect in the crock pot with some barbecue sause. Typically in the past I would have made the sauce myself but this time I just dumped on bottled sauce and you know what? It was still pretty damn good!
- I go to bed so early. My days are busy, busy, busy But that means I am up early. Like 5:30. I just can't bear to get out of bed at 5:30 though so I lay in bed until it's time to get up which is around 6:15-6:30.
- I do get to sew most everyday but only for about an hour. Typically I get home from work a little before one. I make myself a quick lunch and eat it while checking my email, facebook etc. Then I take the dog for a walk. After that I sew. And by 3:15 or so I am getting snack ready for the kids when they get home. Between 4-5 I am juggling homework, cleaning/laundry/ironing. Then it's on to dinner. So busy days with not a lot of time for sewing. But it's all good.
Anyhow, that's why it's beens so quiet around here in case you were wondering. But I think since I've been working so hard, I deserve a little treat. Thinking I need the cape pattern Liesl designed. And a lovely piece of wool to make myself something for fall. I have a couple dresses for Grace all cut out and ready to sew so as soon as I am done with that it's time for selfish sewing.